Every week at BNI CEO Chapter meeting we have a five-minute educational presentation done by Network Education Coordinator Team. We are aware of that every business owner is busy with her or his business and has little time for personal and business development training. Therefore, in BNI chapter meeting we have a five minute slot for the education moment for the chapter members and visitors.
This week on 1st of March 2016 BNI CEO Chapter we had a very good presentation done by Mr. Phillip Keng, Managing Director of Toys & Me, Cambodia’s biggest toy stores. This week he picked up a very good topic “Become a Value-Added Friend”. This is one of the fifty-two business networking strategies that BNI founder Dr. Ivan Misner wrote in his best-selling book “The 29% Solution – 52 Weekly Networking Success Strategies”
When you help someone meet a goal, you instantly become a “Value-Added” friend. Dr. Ivan Misner
Here are the three fundamental strategies to become a value-added friend:
- Build quality relationship. Take the time necessary to deepen the relationship between you and your referral sources or business partners. Invite them to appropriate social functions, backyard barbecues, and sport events. The stronger your friendship, the more you can all expect from each other’s networking efforts.
- Don’t just show up. It has been saying that “Ninety-nine percent of life is just showing up” Yet, just showing up is not enough for networking. You must establish credibility and trust with people before you expect something in return. You need to be proactive and supportive.
- Start by giving. Change your mantra from “What’s in it for me?” to “What can I do for you?”
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago. However, the next best time is right now.
The presentation was ended with an encouragement for each member and visitors to take action step to deepen their relationship for improving their business and increase more income.
Choose a person you have a strong relationship with and ask him/her these questions:
- What would you like to accomplish with your business this year ?
- What are your challenges this year ?
- What is standing in the way of your meeting your goals ?
- How can I help you ?
- What do you need to help you to be successful ?
Listen to the answer to each question and be a Value-Added friend, your life will be richer and happier.
- The 29% Solution – 52 Weekly Networking Success Strategies by Dr. Ivan Misner
- Inspired by the five minute presentation by Mr. Phillip Keng at BNI CEO Chapter meeting