This is a podcast by Networking Now
How do you avoid people whose only interest in networking is “What’s in it for me?”
- Look for the signs of people who believe in giving as part of networking:
- They ask how they can help you—and really mean it—before they ask you for anything.
- They show that they’re willing to work on creating a professional relationship over time.
- Those who make the time to go beyond normal business interactions.
- They try to bring business and contacts to you before asking for your contacts.
- They give of their time and knowledge to help their referral sources succeed.
- Immerse yourself in the process of relationship building:
- Join multiple networking groups, so you can have both breadth and depth
- Meet with people frequently and regularly.
- Meet with people outside of networking functions.
Remember: it’s not what you know, or who you know, but how well you know them.
Brought to you by Networking Now.
Source: BNI Podcast Episode 269: You Might Be in BNI If…
PS: As a Thank You for visiting my blog I have eBook for you. I collect ideas from world-class mentors on Success. Click here